Card Lords Discussion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Next deck upgrade? (Forge)

2 posters

Go down

Next deck upgrade? (Forge) Empty Next deck upgrade? (Forge)

Post by Admin Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:01 pm

So I'm sitting on this Decklist, and I really have no idea what to get next other than the usual "just put some more Cerberus in" (which to be fair would work reasonably well). So what do you think?

Butcher
Butcher
Cerberus
Cerberus
Death Knight
Balrog
Minotaur
Blizzard

Admin
Admin

https://cardlords.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Next deck upgrade? (Forge) Empty Re: Next deck upgrade? (Forge)

Post by Corvus Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:06 pm

I agree with you with Cerberus. Other option is to collectt shards for Phoenix. I have 11 red already.

Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 17, 2015 5:04 pm

Nice, I'm a bit further behind on reds, so I think it would take a fair bit of gems to make that transition. Or maybe a higher guild crusade would support it much better. Having a Phoenix might be needed to stay competitive for top 25 long enough to build up gems for an eventual paragon. So yeah, if I make Cerberus and maybe sell the random Myth coming up for shards (unless Cerberus), that may be viable.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:28 am

Wait, I forgot about Scarlet Crusader. Can't say if he is gonna be a good choice, but I have four Crusaders ready to upgrade to him, so I will see in some time if he is good or not. Next two I plan to add 1 Cerberus and 1 Butcher. Right now I have:

Butcher
Cerberus
Death Knight
Balrog
Epoch lord
Skeleton King
Minotaur
Tower Guard

Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:41 pm

I hear Crusader is a good first choice...not sure how he plays. I don't mind seeing them in opposition much, but they certainly make Cerberus more dangerous on death. Good food for Butcher for that reason, despite the drawback. I'm guessing you'd replace Tower Guard? With Epoch (and Crusader), your build is more resistant to taunt-break than mine. The choice is debatable, but my guess is Butcher is more dangerous to you than general damage sources, especially post-Crusader. So Minotaur still has that role.

Btw, just failed to evolve Cerberus, so I'll be a while on that next upgrade unless lucky in the Crusade draw.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:16 am

For now I will replace Tower Guard with Crusader. Next we will see. If I will be lucky maybe I get Butcher or Cerberus in 10 Crusade Smile Minotaur is really helpful with dealing with Butchers.

Don't you want to try Epoch lord in your build? His revivng is sometimes really great. For example when Butcher is hungry and he is devouring Epoch lord and he revives^^

I stoped using gold for evolution after couple of failures. Now I'm using it for buying red gems when they are available for 1,5 mln gold in bazar.

Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:09 am

Yeah, that's a good point. I've only bought one shard with gold. Problem is, gems are my main source of non-dungeon dust, so I was hoping gold would work there. My losses are up to several shards worth, so it's less and less attractive now. And with red shards being the barrier for Phoenix (which likely takes Epoch's role), I think you're right.

I do have the Blizzards saved up for Epoch, minus upgrades. He'd mostly be for when taunt gets broken, on either side. So he doesn't have a perfect role but he'd be strong all around. Once the next Cerberus goes in (I need 80k dust to upgrade Blizzards), it's probably a good choice for me.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 am

Well, I pulled Crusader, which is less useful for me. Guess I'll have to either build up more slowly or paragon earlier than intended. Too bad that requires gems...but if I'm doing so, those shards are useless, so I could risk the gold. Let me know what you pull.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Corvus Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:18 am

Yay I've got Death Knight:) I'm going with my earlier plan. I'm collecting red shards with gold, using crystals on evolving (now I'll slow a little becaouse of donations) to evolve Scarlet Crusader first, and next will be Butcher and Cerberus. I don't know who I repleace with him, but I have still time to think:)

Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:08 pm

Yeah, it can't replace either Minotaur or Guard, exactly. I actually have 125k dust, so I'm considering replacing Blizzard with Scarlet. Because this crusade is gems, I won't have another upgrade in some time. And most of the time I need Blizzard, it dies to Cerberus/taunt break too quickly and then sits around as Ice taking up space. Minotaur at least usually gets one proc when starting.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum